Wednesday, November 22, 2017

liberty

2/3 jigger Applejack (1 1/2 oz Boulard VSOP Calvados)
1/3 jigger Bacardi (3/4 oz Privateer Tres Aromatique Overproof White Rum
1 dash Sweet & Sour (1/2 oz Lime Juice + 1/2 oz Simple Syrup)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with a lemon twist (lime and orange twists).
Since my copy of Boothby's 1934 World Drinks & How to Mix Them was still out from the night before's research on the Quinquina Cocktail, I decided to utilize it for that evening's drink. There, I spotted the Liberty that reminded me of the Three Mile Limit in structure until I realized that the Sky Pilot was perhaps closer. Once prepared, the Liberty offered an apple and funky rum nose accented with citrus oils. Next, lime on the sip led into apple and grassy rum funk on the swallow.

No comments: