Thursday, August 31, 2017

st. botolph club

1 1/2 oz Berkshire Greylock Gin
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Peychaud's Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a Collins glass with 3 oz sodas water, add a straw, and garnish with a lime wheel.
As my drink of the day at Loyal Nine two Thursdays ago, I wanted a tall and refreshing drink, and thought about riffing on the Jasmine's Cooler. Since the Jasmine Cocktail tries to recreate the flavors of the Pegu Club, I opted for apricot liqueur to see if I could conjure the notes in the Pendennis Club. Lime did not work here, so I switched back to lemon, and the Campari was not the proper bitter to bring forth all the flavors of the classic, so I added in the Pendennis Club's Peychaud's Bitters. Indeed, Campari and apricot liqueur are a combination that has worked well in the Absent Stars and the Intercept, so it is no surprised that it did alright here.

No comments: