Sunday, February 21, 2016

[chipileño]

1 oz Milagro Tequila
1 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass.

Two Mondays ago, Andrea and I made the pilgrimage to Estragon in the South End to visit bartender Sahil Mehta. For a first drink, I looked through Sahil's drink notebook and found a drink of the day from two weeks prior. I was drawn in for the recipe reminded me of the Broken Flower and perhaps a tequila-based Maximilian Affair. Lacking a name, I dubbed this one the Chipileño after the dialect of 19th century Venetians who emigrated and settled in Mexico to symbolize the Italian and Mexican major ingredients.
The drink began with a fruity and agave-vegetal aroma that later gained cinnamon notes. Next, grape and lime on the sip led into tequila, passion fruit, and bitter flavors on the swallow with a cinnamon finish.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

I don't have punt e mes so I made this with Cinzano and Boker's bitters... It's dark and mysterious and delicious!