Friday, August 8, 2014

lizard king

1 1/2 oz DonQ Añejo Rum (DonQ Gold)
1/2 oz Batavia Arrack
1/2 oz Kronan Swedish Punsch
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup (BG Reynolds)
1/4 oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
3/4 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a Tiki glass filled with crushed ice. I omitted the lizard king garnish constructed from pineapple leaves, lime disk, lemon peel, and 2 maraschino cherries.

Last Saturday, I was browsing the drinks on the OnTheBar app and spotted an interesting Tiki drink created at the Eddy in Providence called the Lizard King. Since it is unlikely that I will make a trip down to Rhode Island in the near future, I figured that I would make this drink created by Carlos Garcia and CM Almeida at my home bar instead.
The Lizard King presented a cinnamon and rum funk aroma. While the sip was a crisp lime flavor, the swallow offered a complex medley of aged rum, funk from the Batavia Arrack and Swedish Punsch, and spice from the cinnamon syrup and allspice dram.

No comments: