Monday, May 12, 2014

tidbit

1 1/2 oz Plantation 3 Star White Rum
1/2 oz Dolin Genepy des Alpes
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1 dash Kübler Absinthe

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass.

Two Tuesdays ago, I met up with Andrea after my dinner bartending shift and headed over to Kirkland Tap & Trotter. We found seats in front of bartenders Kenny Belanger and Jared Sadoian and began to peruse the menu. The Tidbit was one that caught my eye last time, and I decided to order it from Kenny; Kenny approved for it was his menu item.
The Tidbit shared an anise and lime aroma that led into a lime-driven sip. Next, the white rum began the swallow that ended with Genepy's herbal notes and an anise finish from the absinthe. From the ingredients, I thought it was going to be more Tiki, but it ended up being more elegant like the Palliative Potion For Pomona.

No comments: