Friday, March 9, 2012

svanberg

1/4 Gin (1/2 oz Beefeater)
1/4 Lime Juice (1/2 oz)
1/4 Swedish Punsch (1/2 oz Kronan)
1/4 Curaçao (1/2 oz Senior Curaçao)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
The other drink from "Gin and Juice"-themed Mixoloseum's Thursday Drink Night that I crafted gave me an excuse to tinker with Kronan Swedish Punsch and some of the lime juice I had leftover from the Tanglin Club. With the equal parts Hoop La! in mind, the gin, Swedish Punsch, and citrus components in the end came closer to the One Way than the brandy drink. For a name, I stuck with the Swedish heritage of my spirit muse and dubbed the drink after Max Svanberg, a Swedish surrealist artist who André Breton uncovered.
The Svanberg began with an orange aroma with a hint of the Swedish Punsch. The orange and lime on the sip led into the Punsch's rum and spice that paired well with the gin's botanicals on the swallow. Overall, the drink exhibited a pleasing tartness and tannicity from the lime and Punsch's tea elements.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

I find it reminiscent of a dark rum daiquiri…