Thursday, July 8, 2010

one way

1/4 Gin (3/4 oz Knockabout Gin)
1/4 Swedish Punsch (3/4 oz homemade)
1/4 Peach Brandy (3/4 oz Briottet Maison Edmond Crème de Pêche de Vigne)
1/4 Lemon Juice (3/4 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
On Friday, I was flipping through the Café Royal Cocktail Book and spotted the One Way that called for the peach brandy I mentioned in the previous post. In the past, I have substituted crème de pêche with decent success in recipes calling for peach brandy, and I decided to try the same here. The One Way started with a lemon and peach aroma. The lemon was rather strong on the sip and my perception flip flopped as to whether I thought the drink was sweet or tart. The peach notes were subtle, but they melded well with the lemon as they did in the Perfect Lady. Lastly, the swallow was rather complex as it contained the gin's botanicals and the Swedish Punsch's spice elements; moreover, the Punsch's aged rum contributed some dark, rich notes that vaguely reminded Andrea of coffee.

No comments: